Friday, March 07, 2008

Mystery Yarn


My Mystery Yarn arrived from SSYC at the end of last week. It isn't orange, but it is a really beautiful cranberry color.



It is a little hard to photograph accurately, but this is pretty close.


So is this a color I like? Lets take a look:




Those are various projects, most finished but some not, made in the same color. The Mystery yarn is shown there balled up in the center. It fits right in. So I am pretty happy.




I decided to make Primavera Socks after seeing them on Rob from Threadbear's Black Dog blog.




I cast on for them on Monday, March 3rd. I wasn't so sure about the pattern choice when I got going, because the pattern wasn't very impressive at that point. If I wasn't knitting on a deadline, I think I would have ripped and restarted. Here's one of the first pictures I took:





Not bad, but not drop-dead gorgeous like I was hoping for. But I kept chugging along, hoping it would be better when it was finished.




I'm glad I didn't give up. These socks are really beautiful. I don't know if any of the pictures do them justice, but here are a few of the first finished sock:





These photos also give you an idea of how hard the color is to capture. The first two photos are more accurate.




I will be doing a writeup on the yarn next, but wanted to post something about this now. I still have the second sock to knit, but I am not worried about that. I love the socks so much, I want to finish the second one so that I can wear them.

No comments: