Sunday, March 25, 2007


I have finished objects to report. First off, I finished my English Research Essay. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out too. Secondly, I finished the first Jaywalker Sock. See:

I'm pretty happy with how it turned out too. The top of the sock is a little looser than I would like, but it is probably because of either the yarn, or the shortened cuff. Its not bad enough that I would rip it out, but if I made one again I would either use a smaller needle size for the ribbing at the top, or else cast on a few less stitches and then increase on the last round.

Hopefully I will finish sock 2 in a few days. One of my next English assignments is to watch a movie. I should be able to handle a sock at the same time.


Obsidian Kitten said...

hi! i'm i michigan girl too -- just found you via your hourglass eyelet sock pattern--love it and want to make a pair!

the jaywalkers look great, beauteous colors. greens - perfect for springy feet!

Erika said...

Hello! I also just found your blog via Houglass.

I made a pair of Jaywalkers with a shortened cuff and I noticed the same problem with the ribbing being too loose. I am currently working on a second pair which I added a half an inch to the cuff and I noticed that it fits a bit better, although it's still a smidge loose.

I love the green yarn too! It's so wonderfully fresh!